Viper frame strengthening and weight reduction.

I got quite a lot done today. Finished all the horizontal and vertical stingers in the nose. Then some strategic weight reduction was in order. I broke my 30 year old hole saw set, so it was off to Bunnings for a new and better set.

Once I plotted out all the vertical stringers I removed them and cut the centres out of all the formers.

Tomorrow I will attach them permanently and fix some aluminium longerons along the top and sides to lock it all in. Mission accomplished, the frame is now set to be rigid and light.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *