Viper Build

Upgrading the cockpit.

Way back when I first built this cockpit, I was in a bit of a hurry and on a budget. I got the original colours from the show identified, but that did not translate with my budget mix of paints and my experience at the time. I’ve learned a lot since then. Budget is still a big factor, but I was certain I could achieve better with my current skills.

I taped everything off, removed what I had to then filled in a few holes to sand flush and paint.

This time, I sprayed a primer grey as a base coat, then at a distance of around 60 centimetres, went over the lot with a very light spray of satin silver.

The result is MUCH, MUCH closer to the show than the ghastly blue I had on there before.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.